Vicki Peters

As the Legend Passes On, My Close-Knit Nail Family and I Pay a Tribute to the One and Only Vicki Peters.

I gathered some of the movers and shakers in the industry to help me pay tribute to our legend.
Thanks to all who agreed to be a part of this small history.

I Honor and Pay this Tribute to Vicki Peters as a Friend, a Peer, a Cheerleader and a confident to me and so many of our Nail Professionals. I do not only speak for myself, but for many. A humble spirit, always willing to roll up her sleeves to help another Nail Professional, Vicki Peters left a mark in your life when she met you. To know Vicki is to know she was honest regardless if you needed honesty at that moment. I have known Vicki for over 2 decades (I am telling my age), but every time I saw or spoke to her she always taught me something new as well as connect me to some one else.

I was a newbie in the industry, confused and lost. I saw an acrylic filing system class and I thought to myself, “I am really bad at this. I should take this class.” I had no idea there was a SYSTEM to filing nails. I sat in that class for three days to learn how to lay my acrylic and how to file nails from the Legend Vicki Peters, Founder of the Peters Prospective.

I left Vegas going to DC feeling confident that I could cut my filing time by over 20 min. A year later, I saw Vicki at the Nails Magazine show (back when they had a trade show), and she still remembered me and asked about my filing and my business. My first electric file I purchased from Kupa, and I still support that Brand because of Vicki. What a dynamic force. She encouraged me to come into the industry full time. I can truly say Vicki lived the life she was destined to live. You really have lived when you deposit something in the lives of people you are not sure you will ever see again. I do not think I have ever thanked her like I should have. Yes, I thank her but not the way I should have. I told her last year I was going to teach a class on her Cruise this year. She called me every year, asking me and I said yes for 2015, not knowing that our father in heaven had a different nail appointment for her. I told her I will see her when I came to LA in January; I will instead feel her in spirit on the floors of the ISSE.

Life is short my dear friends. Celebrate the people you love now. If you feel in your spirit to call them, do just that. Celebrate now and live your best life now with those you love and admire. All that matters is today.
REST IN PERFECT PEACE VICKI. Rejoice!


Janice Jordan
Minx Nails

" I only recently had the fortune of meeting Vicky Peters yet I feel like I have known her for years. She has been a true leader in the industry, when I did meet her by accident my jaw dropped and and I was in awe to finally meet the woman who had done so much. She was quick to tell me what was wrong with Minx and what I needed to do to fix things. I could feel her passion and enthusiasm. And of course she was right. My heart goes out to her friends and family. God bless you Vicki Peters."

Millie Haynam
Pro Beauty Girl

" I met Vicki Peters at a Cleveland Barnum Fashion Focus in 1994. I took a class on goal setting with her and was so inspired I stayed after to talk to her. I explained to her my situation briefly, that I was a cosmetologist that also had a passion for nails that was at the moment home with two young children and wanted to plug back into the industry. She pointed her finger at me and said “You need to be an educator”. She walked me down to the show floor and introduced me to three regional managers of nail companies and told them I would be following up with a resume. I did just that and by the fall Cleveland Nail Focus I was working as an educator for one of those companies. That was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. We did the show circuit for many years together and I always looked forward to my “Vicki” time. She was a great friend, mentor and had a brilliant mind for this industry. Her wealth of knowledge never ceased to amaze me and we shared a passion for this industry. I was fortunate to be one of the many techs she took under her wing and she always had great feedback on any ideas or projects I was working on. It was through Vicki I started writing for the trade magazines and gained the confidence to write my three books. She was candid in her input and never sugar coated what I needed to hear, a refreshing confidant I could always count on. Vicki was a true trailblazer and so many of us have the opportunities we do because of the path she cut before us. I consider myself fortunate to have met her, will be forever grateful to have known her and always thankful for her mentorship. I know I have grown both personally and professionally under her wisdom, I will miss her terribly. There will never be another Vicki. She was truly one of a kind."

Holly L Schippers
Finger Nail Fixer

" Vicki Peters was a friend and mentor to many in the industry. She believed in sharing knowledge with everyone in need and was willing to help push any who would work hard. Her no nonsense brand of love for the industry helped many, including myself, find footing in the nail world and succeed. Her loss will be felt industry wide and her light will shine on in those to whom she shared her flame as they endeavor to continue "paying it forward" as well as making her proud."

Lucien Henderson
Empower Nail Art

" Vicki Peters always blessed me with her uncensored opinions and advice, often solicited and frequently not. Her words, wisdom and style changed my product, my business and myself. This is true for a great many of us, and now we can't pay her back. But that's the way it went, and maybe it is fitting. Maybe Vicki's legacy is that we honor her by paying forward, as she always did. That we continue her example of sharing and contributing, to elevate each other and our industry."

Doug Schoon
Schoon Scientific

" Vicki Peters was my very dear friend and close confidant. I will always remember her warm smile and the kind-hearted way she dealt with life in general. She was truly an amazing person and a tremendous inspiration to many, including me.
I will never forget her."

Athena Elliott
Creator/Host
Nail Talk Radio

Nail Talk Radio

" Vicki Peters was my nail sis, confidant and FEMTOR for 18 years. I owe her so much for guiding my career and I will miss her very much. Vicki helped define and shape our industry from the time a nail tech starts school to continued education, and helping techs break out of the bottle with nail competitions. The challenge now for the nail community that mourns the passing of this great woman is to embrace Vicki’s vision, that no tech should be left behind when it comes to education. Her devotion to all nail professionals especially for students is obvious because she leaves behind a new generation of industry leaders who embrace her teachings. Long live her legend, Vicki Peters. "

Comments

Popular Posts