Her Spirit Lives On

Beauty Changes Lives Blog:

The beauty industry has been a gift to me. Having gotten laid off my job in 1999, I had no idea the magnitude of impact this industry would have on my life. It changed my life in so many ways. As a beauty professional, we often think we are giving to our clients. However, it is our clients that give back to us.

In 2009, I once again got to realize how beauty changes lives. I would like to share a story about a client of mine that was in her transitional stages of breast cancer. She asked me to come to the hospital to provide her normal nail and body services prior to her radiation treatment. She insisted that she would not start her treatment without looking her best.

After a 12 hour day, I was determined to visit her at the hospital to honor her wishes. When I arrived, she was sleeping. I stood there for about 60 seconds trying to figure out how I could perform a pedicure with her being connected to her various medical equipment. I decided on a strategy. I positioned myself and began treatment on her feet. She opened her eyes and called out “Maisie” in a very soft voice. I answered “yes.” She proceeded with, “Oh my God, I feel like Jesus,” as I washed her feet. With tears streaming down my face, I thought to myself what an amazing career I have for someone to compare me to Jesus.

This is one of the million ways how beauty changes lives. The power in it is how it has changed my life. Regrettably, she passed on. Her spirit lives on and I will forever miss her. She rests in perfect peace.

- Maisie Dunbar

As a celebrity beauty and lifestyle professional, venues such as Fashion Week and Hollywood red carpet events are familiar turf for Maisie Dunbar, owner of Maisie Dunbar Spa Lounge.

You can visit the original article at the Beauty Changes Lives Blog.

Comments

Popular Posts