Reflecting on 2012

As I traveled to Jacksonville FL late in the year, I reviewed my experiences of 2012, and boy, what a year it has been. Please allow me to take you on this journey with me. You might get a little dizzy, but I promise it will be a great ride!

First, let’s start things off with the first quarter of the year. I worked in Los Angeles for a week and had to get an education at the ISSE (The International Spa Show ). Next, I was a part of the Grammy, Oscar, and NAACP Image Awards.

I then returned to my Spa in Silver Spring , MD for a few weeks where we were blessed to host several In - Salon Blog Events through out the year, as well as Happy Hours:  



  • Bluffajo Cosmetic Makeup Event
  • Pretty and Paint Blog Event
  • Washington DC blog  event hosted by Bloggalicious
  • Bloggers like me in Salon Event
  • Radio One Happy Hour With Courtney Hicks
  • Mother's Day Event
  • Father's Day Event
  • Shea Radiance Product Launch For Target Stories
  • Kicking Breast Cancer Event 

Before I knew it, it was Trade Show season again. My team and I traveled to New York for the IBS show, followed by the Orlando Premier Trade Show and the Mercedes Benz Swim Week in Miami, FL, with the Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week not too far behind.

Afterwards, I saddled up and went to the West for a shoot with the LA Huffington Post only to go home for a few days and return to Los Angeles for an Elise Neal Product Launch. After arriving home once more to rest for a day, I then went to New York again, where I participated in a single day photo shoot for a Tiffany Ad. Getting closer to the end of the year now, we participated in the 2012 "Caucus On The Hill" Black Caucus Event,
hosted by Sister 2 Sister Magazine at the Capital Hill Hotel. 

We were also blessed to participate in The BET Hip Hop Awards Event, hosted by DTLR. Wow, we are down to the wire. The last In -Salon Event of the year, the Annual Tea and Fashion Event, featured Public Figure Harriette Cole of 108 Stitches, and I was also fortunate to have a conversation with the Author Zane at Fredrick Douglas Museum in Baltimore, Maryland. 


What a year! I think next year I will keep a journal. Please forgive me if I did not remember to mention your event or magazine.

Other experiences include:

Photos shoots with Essence, Beauty Expert Contributions to Enstyle and Ebony, Ad Campaigns for Tiffany, GMC, and a few more.

Coverage/ Interview feature: 


Nails, Modern Salon Magazine online, Nailpro on line, Sister-2-Sister Magazine, Marsha Jews' Newsletter 'Keep It Movin', NailTalk Radio and one of the keynote speaker for Beauty Changes Lives.

After listing what I can remember, I realized that I am a blessed child of the most high. I'm so grateful to God, my Family, my Agencies, my Friends and my Clients. 


God bless the world of Fashion.

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Comments

Popular Posts