THINGS THAT CONSUMERS SHOULD LOOK FOR IN A SALON, SPA, OR WELLNESS CENTER
- Nail Care Professionals should have the guest wash their hands before receiving nail treatment
- Nail Care Professionals should wash their hands after every guest.
- Nail Care Professionals should sanitize their own hands, as well as the guest hands before beginning any nail treatment.
- Nail Care Professionals should always use a clean towel or paper towel at all times i.e for each guest.
- Nail Care Professionals should always follow manufacturer’s directions. All products at nail stations should be manufacture labeled. If not, consumers reserve the right to ask the nail professional what product they are using.
- No used foot file should be use on a guest.
- No credo blade should be used at anytime on the guest feet. It is against the law in MOST states.
- When artificial nail are applied, Nail Care Professionals should always use a nylon brush because they can be disinfected; the others cannot.
- Nail Care Professionals should not use a fluffy sponge because fluffy sponges cannot be disinfected. They can distribute nail dust, oil, and bacteria from one guest to the next.
- Nail Care Professionals should always have two sets of implements so they can be sanitized in between guests for a minimum of 10 minutes in liquid sanitizer. All sanitizers should be EPA registered. Some states require nail implements to be sterilized by using an autoclave.
- Implements should be clean and rust free.
- Nail Care Professionals‘implements should be completely submerge for 10 minutes in an EPA disinfectant solution.
- Proper ventilation is required by the law (OSHA)(EPA)
- Nail Care Professionals should recommend guest with questionable nail conditions to seek medical advice before receiving treatments.
- Nail Care Professionals should inform guest on proper nail and foot care between visits. You go to the Dentist once a year, but you brush daily for maintenance; same applies for hand and foot care homecare maintenance is required.
- All salons and spas are required by law to have Material Safety Data Sheet(MSDS) for every product used or sold in the salon, spa or wellness center.
Well there you have it. Please beware when you go to receive your nail services/treatments. Any questions please ring us at 301-585-4770 or visit us at www.maisiedunbarspalounge.com Stay tune! Follow us on Facebook at MaisieDunbarSpalounge
Remember your Nails are a Window to your HEALTH! Choose your Beauty Care Professional wisely.