A Day with Beth Livesay



Beth Livesay, Executive Editor of Nails Magazine at Bobit Business Media in California, made the DMV area her last stop of her Nails Magazine Road tour as she spent a few hours with me visiting several local salons. It was great being with Beth on her trip to DC. I wanted her to experience of what we have to offer to be special by taking her to a salon that was different, like an Eco-Friendly Nail Spa. Afterwards, we went to dinner and discussed the changes and future of the Nail industry, debated the forecast of nails as a total profit to a salon and spa, shared our experiences with some of the new products that are hitting the market at an alarming rate, and addressed why nail techs do not charge their worth.

Click here for more on Beth Livesay's Salon Tour

1. What cities did you visit that you would recommend to other nail professionals?

Beth: I went to the following cities: Sacramento, Cotati, Davis, Vallejo, Denver, Omaha, Columbus, Silver Spring, and Middletown.

2. What would you say was your consistent topic of discussion among other nails professionals?

Beth: A few stood out: 1) education 2) popular services (gel-polish manicures) 3) footcare

3. I know the journey was probably hectic as much as it was rewarding, but would you change anything?

Beth: I would love to have spent more time in each city. Each was an unexpected delight and there were probably more salons I could have stopped by.

4. Of the cities you visited, which would you prefer to work as a nail professional?

Beth: I would choose Columbus. Both salons I went in were booked enough to be the only thing open on a Saturday morning at 9 am. Both salons were on cute streets that attract many walk-in clients. They also have a tradeshow and are not far from Gatlinburg.

5. Would you do it again? If yes, how soon, if not, why?

Beth: Yes! I would love to see more regions of the country to compare. I love traveling, so I don't mind at all. I'd maybe take a train next time though to cut down on drive time. : )

Click here for more on Beth Livesay's Salon Tour


If you have a question for Maisie Dunbar, you can:
Ask in the comments section below, Ring us @ 301 585 4770, Write to MaisieDunbar@gmail.com, or Send an inbox message to Facebook.com/maisie.dunbar





Comments

Popular Posts